Friday, June 29, 2018

Fixing the office microwave

Panasonic Microwave Genius Sensor 1250W

The door latch broke, and without the door latch, the Microwave would not operate. At the office, I didn't have much to work with in terms of repairs. So I used some computer screwdrivers to pry open the door and discover that a small spring that held the door latch down had snapped a cheap piece of plastic that held it in place. At my office work rate and given the price of microwaves, I probably only had 20 minutes to fix the thing before it would have made sense to purchase a new one.

In true MacGyver fashion I found an old key ring that I could use to hook the spring to a random piece towards the bottom of the microwave. With that in place, the downward pressure on the latch was sufficient to close the door and activate the microwave. Case closed.

1 comment:

  1. Case closed and microwave door closed! Good work Sher"lock" (pun intended).

    :-)

    ReplyDelete