Saturday, June 27, 2020

Mountain Biking

During the summer, Whitetail mountain has some great hiking and mountain biking. RJ and I tried out some mountain biking. We met up with a trail steward named Jay who took us on some trails we had no business starting on. But it was super fun.

The mountain has a well-labeled series of trails of various difficulties. We did some blue trails as well as the green pond trails. The blue trails were enough of an adrenaline rush for me - maybe I will work up to the oranges and blacks.

The ridge features a hill to the right and a cliff to the left. Later on, we climbed up ... and RJ fell to the cliff side. It took two of us to pull his bike back up.

After the ride I needed a new chain and new brakes. After the second adventure, I needed a new rear derailer cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment