Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I was not going to prepare for the hurricane, but after reading the news on Saturday night, I decided I should do something. So, I stored about 4 gallons of water, filled my car with gas and stocked up on Halloween candy. Overall, we were very lucky that we did not lose power and did not have much damage.
Doug decided he wanted to put on his swimming trunks and run outside to get the mail. This is the "before" picture. I ended up not taking an "after" picture because it was barely raining when he ran out so he didn't get soaked like we were anticipating.

RJ and I all bundled up to survey the damage.

Flowers, which needed to be cleaned up anyway, blown over.

Tree down blocking the road three houses down from us.

Tree from other angle...on top of a car

2 comments:

  1. I hope you took the flag down at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just learned that if you get an "all weather" flag, you can leave it up in the rain. Not sure what the rule is about hurricanes though.

    ReplyDelete